Saturday, March 8, 2008

Eating Insects or Pasta; Which Sounds Better to You?

This evening, Hudson and I went across the street to hang out with the neighbors. Our neighbor pulled out a big batch of freshly cooked insects. I'm not sure what kind of insects these were; they had little claws on them, and they told me that they can bite, but they looked similar to a grasshopper. Anyway, I popped a few in my mouth (I've grown to like some bugs and worms and stuff). Then they asked Hudson if he'd like some. Hudson probably ate 20 or more of them; I told him he needed to stop so that he didn't eat them all.

Tonight, I spent lots of time fixing a delicious Italian meal "Pasta Sides," that family brought us from the States. When I offered some to Hudson he replied no, I don't like that. I was insistent. I mean after all, he cleaned off a whole plate of bugs, the least he could do is to eat some pasta; but he still wouldn't eat any. Anyway, it seemed a little strange to me. Not your normal American child I guess.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I mean kids here are all the time trying to put bugs in thier mouths haha. I'd say Hudson is leaving the dream!